Ohio Casino Revenue Sets Annual Record, Gaming Win Climbs to $2.38B

Trending 2 months ago

Posted on: February 2, 2024, 01:58h. 

Last updated on: February 2, 2024, 01:58h.

Avatar photo

Ohio casinos and racinos past twelvemonth won much money from players than ever before.

Ohio casino gross racino sports bettingOhio sports fans watch nan Cleveland Browns connected Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023, which marked nan first time of ineligible sports betting successful nan Buckeye State. Sports betting helped substance grounds casino and racino revenues successful Ohio past year. (Image: Akron Beacon Journal)

According to recently released information from nan Ohio Casino Control Commission and Ohio Lottery, which respectively modulate nan state’s 4 land-based commercialized casinos and 7 racinos, gross gaming gross (GGR) successful 2023 soared to $2.38 billion. The triumph represented a 2.15% year-over-year improvement.

Ohio gaming gross has now group caller yearly GGR records successful 10 of nan erstwhile 11 years, pinch only pandemic-stricken 2020 bucking nan inclination successful nan Buckeye State.

Ohio joins respective different states, including Nevada, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, successful reporting yearly gaming gross records successful 2023. Nevada casinos won complete $15.5 billion, while New Jersey’s varying gaming verticals won $5.8 cardinal and Pennsylvania’s gaming interests collected $5.7 billion.

Ohio Gaming Breakdown

Ohio’s 4 casinos wherever Las Vegas-style slot machines and array games run mixed to triumph $1.014 billion. Slots accounted for nan bulk of nan income astatine $728.86 million.

Jack Cleveland, Hollywood Columbus, Hard Rock Cincinnati, and Hollywood Toledo connection complete 6,200 slot machines and 360 array games. The felt kept $286 cardinal of players’ wagers past year.

Hollywood Columbus led nan measurement pinch GGR of $272.2 million. Jack Cleveland was adjacent astatine $268.1 million. Hard Rock Cincinnati was 3rd astatine $249.7 cardinal and Hollywood Toledo was nan bottommost feeder astatine $224.9 million.

The complete $1 cardinal successful GGR is subjected to a authorities taxation of 33%, which past twelvemonth amounted to astir $335 million.

Ohio’s 7 racinos connection slot-like gaming machines that are video lottery terminals (VLTs). The lottery oversees nan centralized machine web that determines erstwhile a rotation wins.

VLTs are dissimilar slot machines successful that each spin’s result is not wished by nan individual slot’s soul random number generator but is alternatively based connected nan centralized strategy that calculates erstwhile a deed occurs.

Buckeye racinos collectively connection complete 10,000 VLT positions. The machines won conscionable awkward of $1.37 cardinal successful 2023. The machines reported a payout complaint of astir 91% during nan 12 months.

Racino locations see Belterra Park, Eldorado Scioto Downs, MGM Northfield Park, Hollywood Dayton, Hollywood Mahoning Valley, Jack Thistledown, and Miami Valley Gaming.

About 66.5% of nan VLT triumph is retained by nan racinos, pinch nan remaining 33.5% earmarked for nan Ohio Lottery. The state-run lottery benefits nan Ohio Lottery Profits Education Fund.

Sports Betting First-Year Success

Legal sports betting began successful Ohio connected Jan. 1, 2023. In nan state’s first afloat twelvemonth of regulated in-person and online sports betting, oddsmakers reported taking complete $7.65 cardinal successful bets — aka handle. On nan action, nan books kept $937 cardinal connected a clasp complaint of astir 12%.

The sports betting figures correspond sportsbook gross from nan casinos and their online sportsbook partners. The numbers do not see bets placed astatine self-service kiosks, which are regulated by nan Ohio Lottery.

The casino and online sportsbook gross is subjected to a 20% authorities tax, which past twelvemonth amounted to astir $187 million.

More
Source Casino news
Casino news